Nothing glamorous here. Just some yummy tasting Gluten Free pie made with love.
Dewa and I graciously received a plethora of apples from different neighbors trees this season. The below recipe is a blending of two different recipes to meet our taste and nutritional needs. It’s really quite yummy. The above pie was donated for our local church’s Holiday Bazaar.
I buy a ready made Gluten Free crust by Wholly Wholesome™ because it’s quick, easy and tasty. For those bakers out there, you probably already know what to do.
6 cups of peeled, thinly sliced organic apples.
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup of honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup of all purpose Gluten Free flour
1/2 tsp.organic ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. organic ground nutmeg (I actually used pumpkin pie spice because I was out of nutmeg)
1/8 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
1 cup Gluten Free old fashion rolled oats
1/3 cup of organic brown sugar
1/3 cup of Gluten Free flour (I used Pamela’s Baking Flour)
1 tsp. organic ground cinnamon
1 tsp. Himalayan sea salt
3-4 Tbsp. organic butter melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Mix all the filling ingredients together and place in pie pastry
- Mix all the topping ingredients together and then add melted butter. I just put my ingredients right into the buttered pan and stirred together.
- Sprinkle topping over the pie filling
- Bake 35-40 minutes
Remove from oven and let sit for 20-30 minutes. Though to sweet for my liking, vanilla ice-cream on top would make a delightful addition for some.
- I would like to acknowledge my dear friend, Carrie Hladik (co-owner) of Smiley Cafe here in Durango for the topping recipe. If you want some yummy Holiday treats, Gluten Free too, stop by the Smiley Cafe and purchase or order some today. https://www.facebook.com/smileybuildingcafe/ 1309 E 3rd Ave, Durango, CO 81301