Yoga Therapy is a healing modality provided by a certified yoga therapist who applies the principals of yoga to the individual.
Unlike a group yoga class, a yoga therapy session is structured to the needs and abilities of a single student by a certified yoga therapist (CYT) who has extensive training using yoga to help manage conditions such as cancer, grief, depression, chronic pain, MS, fibromyalgia and other challenging health issues. If needed, a CYT often works with a student’s health care provider to ensure complete and balanced care is provided.
Yoga therapy can help relieve discomfort and create more vitality.
Benefits of Yoga Therapy:
- Common Aches and Pains: feet and ankles, knees and hamstrings, hips, lower back, hands and wrists, neck and shoulders, sciatica
- Constriction or Hyperextension: muscles, fascia, nerves
- Misalignments: kyphosis, lordosis, asymmetrical hips, pronated feet, scoliosis
- Injuries: whiplash; strained muscles, tendons or ligaments; sprained joints (hip, knees, shoulder, ankle, elbow, wrist); prolapsed/slipped discs
- Post-Surgical: knees, hips, back
- Weight Gain or Loss: obesity and anorexia
- Arthritis: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis
- Digestive Imbalances: irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, acid reflux, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea
- Women’s Health: PMS, menstrual irregularities, pregnancy, infertility, pre/postnatal, menopause
- Emotional Well Being: anxiety, depression, stress, grief or loss, PTSD